DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the bulbs with Sylvania silver star. I am a little disappointed with them. They cast shadow lines like I have a cracked lens, they are not a clear unobstructed light, is this the norm for this type of bulb? Anybody using these type of lights, and having issues? thanks carlos:3-startled:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Which headlamps do you have? Do you have the quads or just the regular ones? I'm considering putting in Silverstars, but not if there will be an issue. My BigHorn has the quads in it BTW.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i dont have the silverstars, however, last night i did pick up a set of the Phillips Crystalvision ultras for my truck and a buddy's F150. I couldnt bring my self to spend 85.00 on the PIAA's when these were only 30 bucks at Carquest.

Anyhow, they are not in my Ram yet (maybe tomorrow), but we did toss them in the F150. They are superbright, crisp and WHITE!!! They have a slight tint of blue to them, but so far they seem to be amazing. I think they were rated 4000k. just a suggestion, but carquest told us that if we didnt like they bulbs (even after installation and usage) they would refund the money under some customer satisfaction warranty. might be an idea with yorur silverstars if your not happy. check with the vendor where you got them.

ill post if interested when i replace one compared to the stock one and let you know if they improve the dual headlight system in my 2010.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Headlights

i dont have the silverstars, however, last night i did pick up a set of the phillips crystalvision ultras for my truck and a buddy's f150. I couldnt bring my self to spend 85.00 on the piaa's when these were only 30 bucks at carquest.

Anyhow, they are not in my ram yet (maybe tomorrow), but we did toss them in the f150. They are superbright, crisp and white!!! They have a slight tint of blue to them, but so far they seem to be amazing. I think they were rated 4000k. Just a suggestion, but carquest told us that if we didnt like they bulbs (even after installation and usage) they would refund the money under some customer satisfaction warranty. Might be an idea with yorur silverstars if your not happy. Check with the vendor where you got them.

Ill post if interested when i replace one compared to the stock one and let you know if they improve the dual headlight system in my 2010.
i put the crystal visions in and couldn't be happier 2 times as bright

·
Banned
83 Posts
I ran with the Silverstars for a while and I had no problems. They were considerably brighter than stock.

How hard is it to change the bulbs?
15 min job. 4 bolts to remove the grill. 2 on the outside of the headlights. 1 on the back of the headlights you loosen a couple turns and a tab you pop up on the back of the headlights. Then they slide right out.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
alright, so i installed the Phillips crystal vision ultra's in my truck tonight. here are the photos. took about 35 minutes total and i took the grill completely out because i didn't have my long extension with me. the lights are super bright and it is hard to tell from the pics, but they are a huge improvement over stock for 30 bucks or so.

hard to tell but the drivers side bulb is the new crystal vision plus

again drivers side is the new crystal vision plus bulb

the next two pics are both bulbs changed to crystal vision ultras

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was thinking of replacing hi/low and the fogs....i'd rather go with HID's but in Ontario our trucks have day time running lights and I hear allot of complaints about that. So I'm just going to replace the bulbs too. I was thinking of going with the PIAA 9000 Series Xtreme White Plus.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts