DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Ram two days ago and the headlights are very frosted/foggy. Looking to replace them and unsure if I want to do oem parts or aftermarket. If I go aftermarket route what would be your suggestions what brand/type? Any information or opinions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thanks for the link.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let us know if you buy the headlights. I wanna know how the light output I bought some "smoked" ones but they were seriously pitch black. Light output was horrible but hopefully that's not the case with the clear ones.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually was looking at some of the smoke headlights at one point not this version though I think it was led. One of the reviewers of the smoke lights said not to buy them they're seriously dangerous but that was just one of the reviews at the time. I will let you know what I end up getting and will make sure to update how they worked out.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do, thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea I'd be careful with those smoked headlights. They look nice but they are very dark. I'd rather buy some oem headlight and tint them. Or restore the ones you have currently and tint those with a little less dark shade.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm not sure smoked headlights would look good on the creme color anyways. And I could be wrong but I doubt there's any capability of restoring these.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh I love that cream color it looks so nice on these trucks IMO. Yea go with a light color dark on cream wouldn't look as nice. Projector headlights look amazing but if you do a lot of night time driving I don't recommend them unless you plan to put hids in them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I happen to love the creme color too, makes it a little harder for me to pick color schemes though such as tool box and guards but I'll figure it out with time. I do like the projector lights but I could see what you're saying. And how would you go about his and this may be a stupid question but are they legal to have running while passing oncoming cars?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hids* my autocorrect doesn't like me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea it takes time to figure out exactly how you want your truck. Well hids are usually simple to connect but Rams are a bit more complicated you need a relay to make them work. I never actually figured out how to but I'm sure you can find an installer anywhere near you. Hids are legal but if you get 10ks they might give you problems with police in some areas as that color is a little to dark blue. 6k or 5k is the way to go but make sure you put them in projectors because in stock lights the reflector will just scatter the light everywhere and you will blind oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great information, thank you for filling me in! I may get the aftermarket lights from one of the previous posts on the thread and update later to projectors because I'd like to add some other things first. Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure smoked headlights would look good on the creme color anyways. And I could be wrong but I doubt there's any capability of restoring these.
Wow, that's about what mine look like on my 07. I got my new headlight assemblies in yesterday, I'm waiting til I can get some color halo leds to put in them before I install them though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts