DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant take the stock headlights any longer on my 2012 Ram Sport. I think a flashlight would do a better job lightin up the back roads.

I am putting a 6" lift on with 35s in the next couple of weeks so I thought itd be a good time to finally get to the lighting situation. Should I just get an HID kit and put it in the stock housing? - I think that would blind everyone, especially if I've got a lift. Should I swap out for a projector?- I hear the Spyders don't have good projectors, but they do look cool...

So, I am not looking to do a $600 retrofit, but all things in life cost money so I am okay with spending a little cash to get what I want and need. I like the smoked look, and I would like to do hid headlights, fog lights, and if possible, I would like a set of those sweet auxiliary lights (LEDs?) I see guys with behind their grills.

Anyone have suggestions, pictures, part numbers or any information to guide me on this journey? Much appreciated!

Lets see your Rams!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
For your budget. I would recommend just putting HID's in the stock housing and then aiming your headlights down.

Before your lift park your truck on a flat surface preferably at your house and mark where the beam cutoff is. Then after the lift lower the headlights to that mark.

If you get HID's before the lift then follow the same steps.

You can also adjust the fogs... be sure to do so as those blind other drivers more than your headlights.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For your budget. I would recommend just putting HID's in the stock housing and then aiming your headlights down.

Before your lift park your truck on a flat surface preferably at your house and mark where the beam cutoff is. Then after the lift lower the headlights to that mark.

If you get HID's before the lift then follow the same steps.

You can also adjust the fogs... be sure to do so as those blind other drivers more than your headlights.
Good tips! I am not against $500 or less for a headlight swap + lights, I just want to make sure that the final product is good looking and more importantly, lights up the road better, and safely. Any suggestions on a projector unit for heads and fogs compatible with my 12' Sport that handles 55w 6k HIDs?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Good tips! I am not against $500 or less for a headlight swap + lights, I just want to make sure that the final product is good looking and more importantly, lights up the road better, and safely. Any suggestions on a projector unit for heads and fogs compatible with my 12' Sport that handles 55w 6k HIDs?
Honestly for $500 you could get a headlight retrofit done with 50w HIDs and you would be a happy camper.

I have retrofitted headlights and fogs on my Ram and will never have anything less.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly for $500 you could get a headlight retrofit done with 50w HIDs and you would be a happy camper.

I have retrofitted headlights and fogs on my Ram and will never have anything less.

Now I just need to find a set that I like and a place to do it. Any idea on the auxiliary lights guys have behind their grills?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Recons?

I could take this unit and put 50w 6k HID in. Would this work for my 2012 Sport? I am sure they make a comparable fog light set up too.

I know the Spyders recommend not running a 50w HID, but I havent found anything on the limits of the Recons yet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont know how I'd manage having to send my headlights in for retrofitting, as my truck is the only vehicle at my disposal.

I see that AAC is a vendor here on the Z but I dont see much about them, and their site doesn't necessarily showcase whether their stuff is a diy retrofit or a plug n play sort of install.

Recon makes those smoked led tail lights and a tailgate led bar that I am very much interested in though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts