DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah I agree they arent very good. For some reason the 2009 Ram I had was WAY better. I'm not sure what they have changed since then but they have deffinately went in the wrong dirrection.

The low beams are decent if you run with the fogs on, but the high beams just plain blow. :smiledown:

·
Registered
666 Posts
You may want to try adjusting them up just a little to see if that helps. Only problem will be if you go to high you will get flashed by oncoming traffic. Also if you have a load on they will be to high too.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I find them to be just fine, considerably better than the last generation, fog lights too. Hopefully you haven't tinted them. Never could understand the logic behind that 'mod'.
I think, of all the 4th Gen Ram forums I've read over the last few months, you're the ONLY person who's said that.... wow!

While our fogs are decent [especially if aimed properly], our heads, regardless of where/how they're aimed, are atrocious.... and I'm being kind.

I do agree with your comments re: the tinting of the heads. Defies the principles of logic.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I think, of all the 4th Gen Ram forums I've read over the last few months, you're the ONLY person who's said that.... wow!

While our fogs are decent [especially if aimed properly], our heads, regardless of where/how they're aimed, are atrocious.... and I'm being kind.

I do agree with your comments re: the tinting of the heads. Defies the principles of logic.
Nothing wow about it. Just answering the question. As for the fogs they designed for illumination immediately in front of the vehicle - not down the road. That's why they are called fog lights.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Compared to my 2000, I have no complaints with my 2012's headlights. And I replaced the housings on my 2000 a year ago, so they were crystal clear. Perhaps the lighting on the Sports is different/better?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I get flashed all the time in mine...they seem ok to me

·
Registered
563 Posts
My 2010 headlights were pointed at the ground from the factory and they were terrible like that, the 2012 I just bought are about the level I turned the 2010 up to. They are adequate, cant say much more than that.

Agree that the high beams arent that great, but I seldom use them even out here in the country. This is also one of the few cars/trucks I've owned that the driving lights really help on.

Of course compare to my wife's GC with HID they look like birthday candles..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I agree they arent very good. For some reason the 2009 Ram I had was WAY better. I'm not sure what they have changed since then but they have deffinately went in the wrong dirrection.

The low beams are decent if you run with the fogs on, but the high beams just plain blow. :smiledown:
Agree, my 3rd gen had better headlights. With this one, I have to run the fog lights.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You may want to try adjusting them up just a little to see if that helps. Only problem will be if you go to high you will get flashed by oncoming traffic. Also if you have a load on they will be to high too.
Could be that they set them low because most people will be towing something. However, it's not just the position of the beam...to me, it seems like they are not strong enough or spread enough light on the road.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Some new regulation?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My 2010 headlights were pointed at the ground from the factory and they were terrible like that, the 2012 I just bought are about the level I turned the 2010 up to. They are adequate, cant say much more than that.

Agree that the high beams arent that great, but I seldom use them even out here in the country. This is also one of the few cars/trucks I've owned that the driving lights really help on.

Of course compare to my wife's GC with HID they look like birthday candles..
Maybe that's the problem. I'm also comparing to my wife's GC. Heck, it seems like my '76 CJ7 has better headlights.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, they're pathetic. That's why my HIDs with proper projectors are on their way from Retrofit Solutions as we speak!

BTW, I just tried my fogs last night for the first time... they don't work at all! Not with low beams or by themselves.:doh:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts