DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In trying to limit expenses, what if the lights were adjusted up a notch or so to compensate for the rake on the ram truck:thk: I live out in the country and it is dark, its a thought!!:3-startled:

·
Registered
71 Posts
It might help. I know when I put the 2" leveling kit on the front of my truck, it made a night and day difference in headlight output (pun intended :).

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
In trying to limit expenses, what if the lights were adjusted up a notch or so to compensate for the rake on the ram truck:thk: I live out in the country and it is dark, its a thought!!:3-startled:
If you don't tow that often by all means crank them up! I did with mine and it made a difference but you will find that even that doesn't totally fix the issue. The light output from the stock lamps is horrible. A cheap upgrade is new bulbs. Members here like the new Sylvania Silverstar zXe or a little higher priced option is the PIAA Ultra Whites.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 2500 HD Tradesman
42 Posts
Adjustment screws?

I replaced my bulbs with Sylvania Ultra (H13 - I have the 2-bulb system, not the "quad burner") and the output is better. I would also like to raise them up a tad but I could not find the adjustment screws. No service manual on hand - Haynes has not yet published one for the 2009+ trucks...

Any help?

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
When I lowered the back of my truck I noticed it seemed like there was more light output in the front...

·
Registered
163 Posts
in response to the adjustment screws.. if you pop the hood, and look on the chanel on each side there should be an arrow pointing to a hole...if you look down there there should be a screw, i forget which way is which... but thoes are the adjustment screws to raise or lower the headlight aim

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Put the Bilstein 5100's on the front to level it out and BAM lights are perfect...even to the point where some little cars will flash you thinking your brights are on..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts