DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed the other day when it was really foggy that my right headlight if your sitting in the cab is lower than the left. is there any way to lift the light? i had a dodge dakota that had a headlight that you can just use a screwdriver to turn it up and down. please let me know. thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes there is a way to adjust them but u gotta dismount the headlight and take them out because the adjuster is under the top of the fenders. It's pretty easy to take them out it's only 2 bolts and a clamp to take off. If ur wondering about the dissamble instructions. It's easy, (1) remove the four top clamps from the plastic piece, (2) remove the 4 bolts from the grill on top after removing the plastic then the grill pops out, (3) remove the 2 bolts that hold the headlight in place,(4) remove the 2 bolts in the wheel well and fold it out of the fender to reach in and pop the white clamp holding it in place and it should just pop out and u will see the adjuster on top. (5) repeat everything to install it back in after ur done adjusting. Hope this helps u bro.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My 09 (I think all years) has adjustment axcess holes on the inside edge (just inside the hood edge) of the fender about a foot back from the front edge. Look in the hole with a flashlight and you will see the adjustment bolt. 15 second job to adjust. Only up and down, no side to side adjustment on the Ram.

If you need to change a bulb, the above post is correct.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You don't have to take them out to adjust, how exactly would you check your alignment if you did? You DO however have to take half the front end apart to replace your headlight bulbs though... who decided to put screws for those things in behind the grill???

There's an access hole for the 'fender' adjustment screw, I believe it's in the lip where the hood sits. You need a good long screwdriver/nut driver and it's probably a torx bit. Shine a screwdriver down the hole and you can see what you're aiming for. It's not hard, but you do have to have good aim.

Sorry for the sketchy details but I'm 200 miles away from my ram.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.