DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I just had my heads replaced under warranty at Westbury Jeep NY. They had my truck for almost 2 months. I get a call from the advisor that when when recharging the ac system and they noticed a leak behind the dash. They asked if I wanted them to investigate for a fee ofcourse and I declined. When I got to the dealer I opened the hood and noticed the 2 lines going into the back of the evaporator were broke off at the firewall. I went back inside and brought out the service manager and my advisor. I pointed it out them and they were like oh yeah when the tech was recharging the system the lines blew off, they must of been corroded. He said they would work with me on the price. I think that is bs but I took the truck to 3 different mechanics and they all said that there is no sign of corrosion and the dealer caused it and is responsible. Anyone every hear of lines blowing off the evaporator? What's my next course of action if dealer declines to fix it. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
I'm a dealership tech and I agree that this is not a corrosion issue. I don't know if Chrysler would be willing to get involved or not, but I would certainly threaten legal action if they didn't make it right on their dime. You might also want to remind the service manager and general manager of the power of social media.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Being a tech myself, this is caused by the hand of whom took it apart. No corrosion here

·
Registered
490 Posts
Most automotive AC compressors get lubricated by the freon itself. Therefore, depending on how long it ran without freon, the compressor could or could not be in good shape

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good ole Westbury service these are the same a^^holes that told me I needed throttle body cleaned axle fluids changed as well as transfer case fluid change. meanwhile I did them all myself 3 months prior. Good luck with them.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Good ole Westbury service these are the same a^^holes that told me I needed throttle body cleaned axle fluids changed as well as transfer case fluid change. meanwhile I did them all myself 3 months prior. Good luck with them.
Not every recommendation is made based on a visual inspection. Often, it's based on mileage or time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not every recommendation is made based on a visual inspection. Often, it's based on mileage or time.
that was my initial thought then I asked if tech checked or are thy going by mileage yhey said tech checked. Then I laid hammer on them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys! I just had my heads replaced under warranty at Westbury Jeep NY. They had my truck for almost 2 months. I get a call from the advisor that when when recharging the ac system and they noticed a leak behind the dash. They asked if I wanted them to investigate for a fee ofcourse and I declined. When I got to the dealer I opened the hood and noticed the 2 lines going into the back of the evaporator were broke off at the firewall. I went back inside and brought out the service manager and my advisor. I pointed it out them and they were like oh yeah when the tech was recharging the system the lines blew off, they must of been corroded. He said they would work with me on the price. I think that is bs but I took the truck to 3 different mechanics and they all said that there is no sign of corrosion and the dealer caused it and is responsible. Anyone every hear of lines blowing off the evaporator? What's my next course of action if dealer declines to fix it. Thanks in advance
Call DiamlerChrysler customer service... They will be the go between to help you. Just google their phone number.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Call DiamlerChrysler customer service... They will be the go between to help you. Just google their phone number.
Daimler hasn't been involved with Chrysler for a long time. It's also unlikely that they would choose to intervene in this matter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts