DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone happen to know why my fans in my 03 1500 ram for both A/C and heat wont kick on unless I slam my door? I thought maybe the blower motor was bad so i pulled and replaced with brand new blower motor and when I went to test it, it didn't turn the fan till I slammed my door but that was the problem as to why I replaced the blower in the first place. Now the only real difference is that I don't need to slam the door as hard to get it to start.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
We were having the same problem with our 2015 Durango, changed 2 blower motors, 1 BM resistor, there was a couple times it was the fuse (would work randomly when slamming the passenger door)......anyway, I got to digging around the old interwebz and found a guy with a 2014 Ram with the same issue. Went and looked at the harness that plugs into the fuse box and sure enough....

Green Engineering Lego Gas Wood

Motor vehicle Wood Automotive design Automotive tire Gas

Reactions: 14vern

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We were having the same problem with our 2015 Durango, changed 2 blower motors, 1 BM resistor, there was a couple times it was the fuse (would work randomly when slamming the passenger door)......anyway, I got to digging around the old interwebz and found a guy with a 2014 Ram with the same issue. Went and looked at the harness that plugs into the fuse box and sure enough....

View attachment 140761

View attachment 140762
I'll have to look

·
Registered
12 Posts

That’s a very common problem with the gen 3 Rams. The A/C system pulls a lot of power through that harness, and it tends to burn up those harnesses and the ignition switch. If your blower starts staying on after you turn off the ignition, the ignition switch is probably your culprit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts