DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Im new on here and recently ran into some heating issues in my 01 Ram V6 2wd. I had cold air blowing out from vents, no temp reading. Through my research I figured my Tstat was stuck open. I replaced it and it was stuck open. Temp gauge works, but still no heat after that. Then I flushed and cleaned coolant system and flushed heater core hoses. I get some heat but not much. When I step on the gas it gets hotter but then gets cooler on idle. Also if its on lowest fan power ill get a warmer temp than I would if it was on full blast. Im thinking it could be a water pump issue or a loose water pump belt. I don't know what else to do, any help would be greatly appreciated. Id rather do the work myself than take it in. Thanks so much!

Ryan

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Probably have an air bubble in the heater core system. Check to see if both heater core hoses are warm to the touch. Get the truck up to running temp and then park it on an incline with the nose as high as you can find and let it cool all the way down. Fill the rad and do again in a few hours and see how that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both are warm, my bottom radiator hose and radiator cap are cold. When I have my truck on an incline I run it with the cap off right? Appreciate your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts