DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on this 8 degree day in Boston I am having a bit trouble with, of all things, my heated seats.

When I press the driver side heated seat button, It will light up for about 5 seconds and then turn off. The seat does not warm up. The passenger side heated seat works properly..

Any ideas what it could be? A fuse perhaps?

·
Registered
95 Posts
my 2010 does the exact same thing, anybody know what the deal is

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
That would my guess as well. The element receives the input voltage but then the circuit monitor doesn't return the correct output voltage it shuts the circuit down to prevent over heating and possibly starting a fire. Have a shop check out the heating pad because if it was a fuse it wouldn't engage at all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My truck has just started doing this also. What did you guys that were having trouble have to do to fix the problem?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I agree that it's a circuitry issue and not a fuse... The pad is bad...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ok, thanks.... Any idea how difficult it is to change? The dealer is telling me it's gonna be $200-$400 in labor and the part is $96

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drivers heated seat

Mine just went out today. I picked my truck up from the dealer, moved the seat forward, heard a pop and wouldn't you know it, the heated seat doesn't work anymore. I checked underneath to see if any plugs got caught or broke, but nothing. The lights on the button come on for a few seconds and go off and the heater does not work. The steering wheel heat, passenger heat and back seat heat work fine though. I can't imagine the pads instantly going bad like that. I will try to find the wiring diagrams and do a continuity check because I don't want to pay the dealer $120 for a diagnostic charge.

Please keep us advised if you find a solution. If this is a common problem, perhaps we should bug Dodge and they could issue a recall. It doesn't take a whole lot of complaints to get a recall going.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 2010 right now too, its weird though, 95% of the time it happens only when its been remote started...
When it's started with the key its fine with the exception of 2 times in which case I turned the truck off, restarted it and it was fine...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bringing this post back to life. I have an 09 ram, and its doing the same thing that you guys explained. Seat heater isn't working, most of the time is after remote start, but sometimes won't even work after normal start. My seat as well pops loudly when move seat to far back. I have found no wires undone. Did you guys find out any solutions to problem??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine does the same thing, mainly when I start the truck remotely. There are some times where I'mm randomly try to turn on the heater and it'll work, but the truck is usually warm then. This is only the driver seat. My passenger is lucky.

No popping noises, nothing unconnected, just turns on for a few seconds then shuts off. Cooling works, but it's November in Canada....the last thing I want is a COLDER butt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine does the same thing, mainly when I start the truck remotely. There are some times where I'mm randomly try to turn on the heater and it'll work, but the truck is usually warm then. This is only the driver seat. My passenger is lucky.

No popping noises, nothing unconnected, just turns on for a few seconds then shuts off. Cooling works, but it's November in Canada....the last thing I want is a COLDER butt.
I have the exact same issue with mine. 2011 Ram. Anyone fix this themselves yet that can give some insight?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
i had the exact same problem but with my heated steering wheel... turn on for a few seconds than off

it turn out it was a bad wire connector connection under the driver seat, I could not see it with my eye, (the problem) so you would have to check with a tester

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 2010 right now too, its weird though, 95% of the time it happens only when its been remote started...
When it's started with the key its fine with the exception of 2 times in which case I turned the truck off, restarted it and it was fine...
Exactly the same thing is happening with my 2010 Laramie. This started last winter and now is happening much more often even on key start. It almost never works when remote started although it did yesterday. Today the seats are not heating again and it was -20 C (-4 F) this morning. I am glad the steering wheel heater still works.
The problem seems to be worse in the cold weather. When I tested it a few times in the heat of summer, the heaters came on and stayed (I turned them off after 20 seconds or so).
Seems like a wide spread problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes same symptoms as mine. The way I am getting around having to turn the truck off and then back on again after a remote start is I turned off the comfort setting on the heads up display under settings. So that the heated seat does not turn on with the remote start and then when I get in the truck and put the key in it and then press the heated seat button it seems to work fine. I haven't had the issue doing it that way yet...

But ya its cold for the first few mins of sitting on the seat.

Post back if you find a solution or a recall notice with this.

thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
my seat heater doesn't work (even though the light is lit) when I start the truck remotely but works just fine if I turn them on manually. Really defeats the whole purpose of having the comfort setting of turning them on automatically if they don't warm up.

Great implementation FCA, about as F'ing stupid as putting the rear view camera in the mirror when you get both cargo and rear view cameras.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I guess I've joined the crowd. Driver seat only has stopped working. There should definitely be a recall on this. Please post if anyone finds a fix or if they hear of a recall.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts