DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting heat on the passenger side and cold air on driver side. I crank up fan and it is not blowing very hard either. I have flushed heater core, checked actuator to make sure blender doors are operating and still nothing. I am running out of things to research. Hoping someone can help.

Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not looked into my issue yet but my cab isnt warming up. I figured I would start with the forum and see if anyone had any issues. It sounds like a blend door if you have it on one side but not the other. Do you have zone heating?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up taking my pickup in to Dodge dealership. It was my heater core, it was plugged up along with evaporator core as well. Total cost was about $1600. They had to flush coolant as well because there was a mix of 2 different coolants. Luckily i had a warranty and they paid $1400 of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm about to travel down the same road I'm afraid - mine inst going to be covered by the warranty though.

Same issue. Luke warm heat on passenger side and barley warm / cool air on the driver side. I can adjust all of the vents and it works fine.

If I turn the temp down the air speed picks up. If I turn the temp up the air speed slows down.

That is the only thing I find weird about mine other than heat only coming out of one side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Follow up: The Core was plugged and the AC evaporator had a ton of build up on the lower side because the previous owner didn't do the cabin vent mod. Cleaned it and it blows consistent and very hot. Replacing the Core and Cleaning the Evaporator fixed all issues.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts