DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Weird heater issue. I seem to be losing my heater at highway speeds and maybe when coolant temperature goes up (which doesn't make sense)

When I first start driving I have nice heat coming from the vents. Shortly after getting on the highway, 10-15 min in I lose heat no matter what I set the temperature too..

When I get off the highway the heat comes back. I also watched coolant temperature while this was happening. I figured maybe it was dropping to low at highways speeds because I didn't have my grill cover on yet (which didn't seem to solve the issue). I noticed when temperatures got above 90 deg cel the heat would seem to cut out. But when I got off the highway and temperatures dropped down to 88-89 deg I got my heat back. Not sure if that's a coincidence.

Any insight?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I never really use my floor vents. Noticed it with both front dash and top dash vents. I'll check my floor ones next time im in

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So drove around today a bit. Heater was working good. Got on the highway and again, after a bit the temp dropped. Switched to floor vents and they were equally as cool as the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts