DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here to the site as of today and I recently purchased a 2017 Ram 1500 5.7 HEMi 4X4 Crew Cab. To get to the point.. When I bought the truck it was listed that the truck has a Heavy duty Engine cooling, Heavy duty transmission oil cooler and a Engine Oil heat exchanger. When I got the Window Sticker these items were not listed. After poking around the engine I really couldn't determine if I have these items or not. Any help identifying these would put my mind at ease knowing I actually have them or knowing they are not on the truck at all.

I might have found the Engine oil heat exchanger next to the oil filter, but I'm no mechanic.

Thanks for the Help,

·
Registered
708 Posts
I installed the Police Package oil cooler on my RT Magnum. It went between the oil filter and the block. Not only cools the oil, but lets it warm up faster in sub zero temps. Sounds like what you have. Always wondered why they didn't make it standard. Must have worked, that hemi has nearly 400,000 miles!

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Not everything gets listed on the window sticker, pull up your build sheet to find everything that's on it. My window sticker doesn't have my differential ratio on it.

Go here and punch your VIN into the space that asks for it:

https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/ram/index.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I entered my VIN and the build sheet shows everything that was listed when I bought the truck. Strange that the window sticker leaves off some items I figure people would want to see. Appreciate the help!

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
I was told that each year there is only 1 radiator & transmission oil cooler sold by Mopar for the 1500s

so they are all called the heavy duty version

They don't have single core, double core or three core radiators like back in the old days

i never checked to see if the 3500 models have a larger unit, or if it even fits

1 - 5 of 5 Posts