DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 3500 Dually w/ 5.9 deisel & automatic. I have recently purchased a 44ft Toy Hauler that is 16,000 pounds dry, and total weight when loaded is 20,000 pounds. What kind of upgrades to I need in order to tow this trailer? Looking for input for brakes, performance, trans, suspension, etc.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not sure you need to do a lot to start, that truck was built to work. Do you have a trailer Brake controller setup?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had the same setup years ago and put 100k on it. 2008 Jayco Recon ZX triple axle 41'. Weight was about 18K once I put my jetski trailer and two skis in the back. I only added airbags to level a little. Towed safely and stopped well. Only thing I added besides the bags was a PacBrake exhaust brake. Best decision I EVER made for that truck. Going was fine, turning was fine...stopping was even fine...but going down grades with that beast was a nightmare. PacBrake to the rescue. Made the entire experience better. Even works in town to save my service brakes from heating up in stop and go traffic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts