DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -- I really need help on this -- there is a small tube (made of hardish plastic), that comes out of the firewall on the starboard (that's right-side when facing forward), side of the engine compartment -- the small tube attaches to another tube that looks like a vacuum hose. However, the stiff little tube coming out of the broke off due to age and now only about an inch extends out from the firewall.

Evidently, when that small tube is not attached to the other vacuum-hose looking one the Air Conditioner is stuck on "defrost" mode and very little air comes out of the vents on the dash.

Does anyone know a fix? I think that hard little tube is pretty shot due to exposure to heat from the engine compartment and it would be a huge job to extract the dash and find where that tube attaches to replace it.

Does anyone know a work-around? I wouldn't mind having the A/C stuck coming out of the vent instead of the defrost holes -- just not enough comes out of that defrost hole to cool the truck.

I don't understand why the effectiveness of the A/C selector switch would depend on this little tube being attached to a vacuum hose - makes no sense to me. Anyone?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, I'm gathering that it is not the blend door but a flap that controls the "mode" (vent, defrost, etc). One post on a different thread talked about zip-tying the flap in the "vent" position but no explanation how to do that -- anybody know?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I misspoke on the door but it is all controlled by vacuum when the system looses vacuum it defaults to the defrost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts