DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Dodge Ram ext cab 1500 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am also new to the 4x4 world and to driving a Dodge. I bought an 01 Ram 1500 4x4. The guy I bought it from said it had a 4in lift. Come to find out it doesn't. The only thing making it set up high is the tires. Well let me get to the point. I went to have shocks put on the front and the guy at the shop said I needed to replace COIL SPRING SEAT. I found the part on line but when I googled how to replace it , it said it needs to be welded? Is that the correct? Also does this take the place of the cool spring booster? Any help would be appreciated. I prefer to do the work myself. But I am no welder.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am also new to the 4x4 world and to driving a Dodge. I bought an 01 Ram 1500 4x4. The guy I bought it from said it had a 4in lift. Come to find out it doesn't. The only thing making it set up high is the tires. Well let me get to the point. I went to have shocks put on the front and the guy at the shop said I needed to replace COIL SPRING SEAT. I found the part on line but when I googled how to replace it , it said it needs to be welded? Is that the correct? Also does this take the place of the cool spring booster? Any help would be appreciated. I prefer to do the work myself. But I am no welder.
Welcome to the forum. You may or may not have issues with a near two decades old truck but if you do, someone here is likely to be able to help you out ?.
RE: the coil spring seat, I do suspect that it has to be welded into the proper position. You may just have to suck it up and have it done at a shop (get it done right and move on!).
I'd be interested in seeing a pic of your truck. 4" of lift from tires alone makes for some darn big tires. Without some additional "lift" I would imagine there would be clearance issues in the wheel wells.
RipVan

Reactions: Mop

·
Registered
2001 Dodge Ram ext cab 1500 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information I just don't want to get ripped off by a shop when it's something I can do at home. From ground to top of my roof is 6ft 8in. My tires are 315/75/16. I got some spacers to stop my tires from rubbing but it didn't help completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts