DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here. First post. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman. I recently put on a set of aftermarket tow mirrors. The original mirrors were standard non tow. With heat, power and temp sensor. The new tow mirrors come with same features as well as turn signal and puddle lights. I've taken it to the dealer and had them add the sales codes to turn on the turn signal and puddle lights. They still don't work and the tech at the dealership said he can't figure it out. The door modules shouldn't need to be changed because I didn't go with the power fold option. Does anyone have any insight for me?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the same truck (2014 tradesman) and possibly the same mirror. Mine had 2 plugs per mirror and a place to plug in in each door module. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet to have it programmed though. Curious to hear how this comes out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The original mirrors only had one plug. The new aftermarket mirrors have 2 plugs. And plugs cannot be mistakenly put in to the wrong spot as they will only fit in the specific spot it's meant for. So I stumped, and so is the tech.

The door module would only have to be replaced if I would have went with the power fold option.

The only reason I went after market instead of OEM was because the dealers were all telling me they were on backorder. One dealer had 3 pairs in stock that were spoken for and they waited 6 months for those.

Hopefully someone has some insight soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts