DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought the truck (07 qc ). When I bought the truck 5he four wheel drive worked but now it only works occasionally. I have an electronic switch (2wd, 4hi and 4lo). I need 4wd with where I live and don't want to go to the dealer to pay a ton of money for something that might be simple. When I select 4wd I can hear it click like it switches but the light just keeps flashing. Please help as I need 4wd

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you in Drive, Park, N? I usually put my truck in Neutral when I put it into 4hi. It will flicker probably about 6 times and then it will engage.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried everyway. I usually try in neutral but if that doesn't work then I try park. Thanks for the response

·
Registered
33 Posts
My '06 is 4-on-the-fly, I switch it in drive while rolling unless I'm already stuck. Read your owners manual, I bet yours is the same. If it is, then try it in drive.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried still same result. This is really irritating

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I'm going to check when I get home tomorrow. Hopefully I just need to replace the fluid

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i checked the transfer case fluid and it is fine. nothing out of the ordinary. i have given in and am going to the dealership on monday at 9

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright so the dealership said that when they put the truck up on the lift it was working fine. then even after they took it off the lift the 4wd was still engaging and working. right after i picked up the truck i got in it to make sure that it was working and sure enough, it was. i drove home and as i got home i attempted to put it in 4wd and yet again it would not engage. it just clicked and then the light sat there and flashed. anyone who reads this and has ANY clue as to what it could be i would greatly appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts