DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help. I have a 04 dodge ram rumble bee and i just installed a 268 xfi comp cam and valve springs. I put the sct tuner with a tune from hemifever.com (awesome company). I drove 150 miles to break in the cam and springs. But my problem is that i have more power at half throttle vs full throttle, it actually feels alot weaker now at full throttle than the stock cam. At full throttle it feels dead no power. My truck has ram air with cai , bbk shorties aeroturbine exhaust,sct tuner from hemifever.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i appreciate all the info. i was thinking the guy installed the parts wrong cause the cam dont lope like i thought it would but it could be cause the computer hasnt learned it yet.it lopes in park but not in drive. By the way how do i data log this stuff im new to fuel injected performance always had carb hot rods

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
the lope will lessen in drive...do you have a wideband? what numbers are showing up at wot? sounds like it needs to be leaned out..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pretty good rule of thumb on modding anything: Always have a way to monitor knock and air:fuel. So, wideband and a predator would be great. Not sure how you would datalog on the sct, but it should have that function, also. Sounds like your are too rich/lean at wot, and the truck may be pulling timing to compensate. I use an AEM UEGO, but the Innovative wideband responds much quicker. Pick one up, datalog and video record your A:F gauge and tach, send the video and log to your tuner, and you should be fixed up within one or two reflashes.

- Christopher

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
he's probably got a base tune from Sean...so now the tweaking begins, it will take 3-4 custom tunes to really dial it in...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the help guess the computer had to learn the new tune. truck is running fine now @ wot. just got impatiant did give the tune time to work in. sean has done a awesome job walking me thru this since im a newbie to fuel injected performance. really impressed at the power band of that 268 comp cam. now time to hook up my nitrous and hit the track. Quick question chefred? where did u get that guage pod on your center dash?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree fully, and that is what I assumed about the tune. Most people mod without monitoring much of anything, though. Although you can get a fair amount of performance from something without monitoring anything aside from knock, you can fine tune it way easier with a way of seeing everything. Also, when you send in your a:f data along the the pcm logs, it is a lot easier for the tuner. A tune for a vehicle is only as good as the data provided to the tuner.

- Christopher

1 - 11 of 11 Posts