DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any advice on my situation...I recently began to install an h and s tuner ...it froze up at the " preparing to download files..."then the dash lights started flashing erratically and my key wouldn't cut it off...had to pull the cables... discharged all power in the system charged the batteries...same all over again...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Are you sure you did not interrupt the install, when I had a Bully Dog programmer the dash lights would flash and it would take a while to program but it would tell you when it was done on the programer read out. My Edge programmer worked pretty much the same way.

I did kind of cheat with my Edge programmer as it was actually for a 2007 Ram 5.7 1500 truck but I installed it on a 2007 Ram 2500 5.7 truck, when the install completed the truck would not start, I called Edge and they had me connect the programmer to my computer and they did something over the internet and had me reinstall the program and the truck ran fine after that.

What I did decide was that programmers for gas engine trucks is a waste of money because the small gain in power they give you for the price you pay for the programmer is not worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts