DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from my dealer who’s installing a set of pacesetter long tube headers Part # 70-2215 that I also additionally went ahead and had ceramic coated for a few more bucks to waste after finding out these won’t fit even though the listing says so and I’ve been on the phone with pacesetter since. They can’t get even one side to bolt up due to clearance issues of motor mounts and what not and in the instructions it says “IFS”. Well my 2500 is solid axle. So why list that it fits 2500/3500. Does anyone know if flowtechs shorty headers actually fit these trucks. I’m sick of the hemi tick of broken exhaust studs and manifold gaskets leaking. Figured I’d do it right and have headers fix the problem for good since all the heat from the 3 other cylinders won’t be blowing past the rear cylinder and snapping off the studs anymore. Need help and need it fast!! Thanks guys/gals. 2013 RAM 2500 5.7 solid front axle with a 2.5” front leveling kit attached is a pic from pacesetters website of the headers I purchased

·
Registered
2014 8 Speed Hemi 3.92
1,416 Posts
You’ll need to ding a primary pretty good and/or shim the motor mount up 3/4” on that side.

I bet my Doug Thorley longtubes would fit the 2500 frame.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer is telling me they can’t get them to even come close on either side. Would really hate to ruin the nice ceramic coating on these by making them fit

·
Registered
104 Posts
On my 1500 with BBK headers I had to remove the motor mount bolt and Jack the engine up about 1" to get the headers in and bolted up. Once in then re pin the motor to the mount.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I see others are having assembly issues with the heads parked so close to the frames on these trucks. I'd be concerned about added drivetrain bending stress from jacking up a mount to "will-fit" a header. I gave up on finding any for my 3/4 ton. Supposedly the 1/2 ton is fittable as the frame rails aren't as tall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts