DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's -- new to the Forum.

I have a 2011 Ram 2500 Diesel and am now having my front right headlight replaced for the third time in a year. What could be blowing the right side headlight only? Could there be a short somewhere?

Not sure if this is a known issue or unique to my truck?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
479 Posts
try taking a volt meter to the plugs on each side to see if there is a difference in voltage. that would indicate if there might be some kind of short in the wires that makes more electricity flow through the one over the other.

if you cant figure it out, you could upgrade to hids. that should eliminate any electrical problems cause i think the ballasts changes the electrical output. also i dont think hids go out from vibration which could be a cause.

i dont really know, but i would try to first see if its electrical. if it isnt, i would just replace them with hids.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There certainly could be some electrical issue, but one thing that happened to me (without even realizing it) was that when I replaced my bulbs, I did not take proper care to avoid touching the glass which ended up leaving oil/dirt/whatever else on the bulb and caused it to burn out after a few months. I replaced it again and the same thing happened. It wasn't until I brought it in to have someone investigate it that I was told about the importance of not touching the glass. A REALLY silly mistake on my part, but I haven't had any problems since I learned that.

Of course, I am assuming that you are replacing the bulbs yourself and may have the same issue. It also doesn't explain why the bulb went after only a year or so ...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Touching is definitely a no-no

Me..

·
Registered
479 Posts
also, a good thing about a decent hid upgrade is that you can get a lifetime warranty for like $20 and it includes burnt bulbs. check out protuninglab.com and see what i mean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts