DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a bit of a bind trying to figue out what company to go with, I've decided that I want a 6" kit for my '14 Bighorn QC and a set of 35's but I have a few problems.

1. The kit needs to ride as good or better than stock because of medical issues I have I cant be jounced around all day.

2. I don't want to spend a load of money on something then have to add to it to get the ride quality.

I'm good paying in the $1800 range on the lift but refuse to overpay for a name stamped on some metal.

from what I can tell each kit is almost identical, utilizing the factory front coils and adding a block on top of it then a block in the rear or coils with new shocks.

Any info would be much appreciated, pictures are always welcome.

As far as tires I want a good A/T with a high mileage rating as well as preforming in the snow and crappy conditions up here in the frozen north.

Trying to stay with the factory rims because I haven't found an aftermarket rim that has made me drool yet.

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I would say the Zone lift is probably your best bet for the money. I see a lot a rust in RCX kits and I live in TX so it's not the road salt from the winters blessing just poor coating on the parts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say the Zone lift is probably your best bet for the money. I see a lot a rust in RCX kits and I live in TX so it's not the road salt from the winters blessing just poor coating on the parts.
Thanks for the input RyanJM, I was looking at your posts about rims what's your reasoning behind the +12 up front and -12 in the rear?
Could I run -12's front and rear or +12's? Which would create less chance of rubbing on the components?
I ask mainly because I want to rotate my tires front to rear so I want the same off set.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As far as tires go, I just installed a set of Toyo open country a/t. I am very impressed with them. They are smooth & quiet and have a very good mileage rating on them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as tires go, I just installed a set of Toyo open country a/t. I am very impressed with them. They are smooth & quiet and have a very good mileage rating on them.
How do they behave in the white stuff?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts