DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pull the trigger on some 22" Black KMC slides and narrowed it down to a 305 45 tire. My two options are Nitto 420s and Yokohama Prada spec-x.

The specs on the Nittos
Overall Diameter- 32.6"
Overall Width- 11.85"

The specs on the Yokos
Overall Diameter- 32.9"
Overall Width- 11.5"

The Nittos have a little more thread depth but the Yokos have a Higher speed rating. KMC Slides are 9.5" wide and have an offset of +15 or +38 and I read the +38 rubs so I'll be going with a +15. With that being said I want the wheels to tuck in as much as possible so should I just go with the Yokos because they are slightly less as wide and will fill the wheel wells a tad better? I was looking at dodgert 22" kmc slides and they do stick out a bit and I believe he has nittos on his. I'm just wondering if that .3 an inch will make a difference. Also I would like to hear which tire is better for grip from you guys. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
The 420S is a pretty tried and true low pro tire. I really have never heard a big complaint about them. Ive never been a fan of yoko tires, I ran a set on the front of my camaro once cuz i got the cheap and they were loud and didnt grip as well as my no drag radial nitto 555s did (were talking on the front not the rear for these, I had mickey thompsons on the rear so cant comment)

As far as the .3" Nittos are known to run a little narrower than advertised, and look at a ruler, .3 is really nothing

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I think +38 deffinetly wont work, especially with a wider rim, stock is 9" wide with +18. I have no idea about either tires though. Just thought I would throiw that out there about the rim offset so that they dont rub and then your out of pocket

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think +38 deffinetly wont work, especially with a wider rim, stock is 9" wide with +18. I have no idea about either tires though. Just thought I would throiw that out there about the rim offset so that they dont rub and then your out of pocket
Yeah I know that....I should have my wheels and tires tomorrow, I went with the 305 45 22 nitto 420s.:smileup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
good choice man! I totally forgot you asked about offset in my first reply.

How much is it all costin ya if you dont mind me asking. Im on the fence baout 22s or 24 slides lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts