DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Help me choose. Which wheel do you like the best?

• Pro Comp 1028

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Black Rhino Imperial

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Eagle Alloy 063

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • Walker Evans Streetlock

Votes: 6 12.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to upgrade the wheels on my 2011 Laramie in the near future. Not sure when yet when I will make the purchase but I have started researching some different models.

Here's a little insight into my line of thinking:
I am not going with the blackout theme. I like the look but too many others in my area have that now so I want something different. Also, my truck came with the chrome package so it make more sense to go that way. I did not want shiny chrome though because I don't want to be polishing all the time. I intend to lift the front very soon with some Bilsteins. If and when I replace the wheels, I will also go with a more aggressive looking tire. Not a huge off-road tire as I do most of my driving on pavement. Probably along the lines of a BFG All-Terrain or Hankook Dynapro ATM.

All that being said, I am pretty settled on the simulated beadlock style of wheel and have narrowed my choices down to four models (see pics below). Thought I would reach out to the other forum members and see what you think. Not saying I will end up buying the favorite in the poll, just wanted to get some other opinions. Thanks for your input and let the voting begin!

http://www.ramforumz.com/picture.php?albumid=343&pictureid=1897

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about pics? would be easier to look at pics and compare. just sayin
I posted pics. Not sure why you can't see them. I see them just fine when I look at it. Weird. Second time this has happened to me.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, over 50 views and not a single vote. I am guessing either folks can't see the pic or I made some really poor wheel choices. Maybe this time the pic will take.

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm a BIG wheel guy. I spent almost a year looking before I bought the right set for my Challenger. and i'm now starting to look for rims for my truck.

I like the pro comps based on durability and style, I do like the Eagles as well, if based on a cost factor.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a BIG wheel guy. I spent almost a year looking before I bought the right set for my Challenger. and i'm now starting to look for rims for my truck.

I like the pro comps based on durability and style, I do like the Eagles as well, if based on a cost factor.

Good Luck!!
I just wish the Pro Comps did not have the name stamped on the face of the wheel cause I love how they look. Reminds me of the KMC Enduro which is an awesome wheel (but not available in 20").

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Those Eagle Alloys are freakin awesome!!!! Now you have me really thinking about not going with the Dick Cepek DC2's!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i do like these wheels from Eagle
That is a nice wheel. Would be excellent on a truck with the blackout theme. If only it was available in a more polished, streetlock finish I am looking for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Love the look of the Eagles, thinking about getting a set on mine in the near future. Can't decide on those or two different styles of fuel wheels.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Love the look of the Eagles, thinking about getting a set on mine in the near future. Can't decide on those or two different styles of fuel wheels.
Yeah, I really like the look of the Fuel Mojave wheel but it does not come in a polished machine finish. They have a couple of styles that would be on my list if polished was an option.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to those who voted. Looks like we have a clear winner which also happen to be the one I was leaning toward. Appreciate everyone's input.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like the eagles. The B/R imperials do look much differant in person, but they only come in a 0 offset so they might stick out alittle too much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I like the black rhino. Just kindbfits my color of truck and personality. If my truck was another color that may change my likings butfor me the rhino is the one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts