DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Help me decide!

465 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Evil Ram
I just sold my '01 2500 with a cummins. Really hated to, but kids outgrew the back seat. Might be considering a Ram 1500 with a Hemi, 2004-2008 probably in my price range. Do the quad cabs in those years have any more room than mine did? Should I just go with a mega? What about the Hemi? I know they have the power to pull my trailer, but what about the mileage when I am not pulling my trailer? I don't want to go diesel again as fuel is just getting too expensive. Does the Hemi have any weaknesses or problems that tend to be common among them? I have also heard the front suspensions on the newer Dodges don't last either. Any truth to this? I was actually considering going with a Ford this time, but too many bad reports about the 5.4 have leaned me back towards another MOPAR. Any help is appreciated.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
15,719 Posts
if you can find a mega cab, that will take care of your space problems. the pre mds hemis, will use quite a bit of fuel. 08 had a less agressive mds but will allow a little better mpg. might want to look for another 5.9 with the mega cab.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.