DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ram 1500 and I'm either thinking of doing a leveling kit and street tires or lift and mud tires. Which one should I do

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
I would go with the package that fit's 90% of your
Ram's intended use ;)

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
When you know your own needs, it's a bad idea to ask others what to do. They don't know your needs. Now, ask "how to" and you'll get your answers.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Go with what you plan on doing the most of or what you like best.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Its subjective, but I'd level and do all terrains.

I don't like too much lift, looks goofy and tortures your CV axles

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like them leveled and proportional. But that's just me.

Everyone has their own idea of their perfect truck.

Found this digging around on the forum. Credit to the owner...(PLAYERZLC?)
[/URL]

·
Registered
36 Posts
I drove lifted trucks for years. Now that I'm older (and wiser), I enjoy the comfort of a more stock ride (and I would consider a simple level as close to stock). Lifted trucks can get expensive to maintain and certainly will stress other components on the truck as mentioned earlier (e.g., CV joints)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Personally I try to stick with what's practical or necessary, so me in your shoes says neither; it sounds like you don't go off-road, so neither the lift/level or tires would have any benefit besides looks.

However, between those options, I'd level and get the tires. There's a Ford I see around here with probably a 4 inch lift on stock rims and wheels.... 1. It's still going to drag the rear diff if he ever goes offroad since it's at stock height. 2. It's vehicle wear and tear and makes them less economical. 3. It looks ridiculous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts