DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car crapped out on me the other day and is in need of $1000 in repairs. Its an old car and I want to get rid of it and have wanted a truck for a long time. I have been scoping out the Dodge Rams for at least the past 2 years and actually went out and looked at some yesterday. I would love to go out this weekend and just purchase a brand new 1500 4x4 but of course money is an issue. I like the newer body style the best so I want to stay within the 2009-2011 range. They do not have to many used rams around me but I was wondering if maybe you guys could give me a good negotiating point on a used Ram and also a new one.. It is not essential that I get a 4x4 but it would be great! I also would love to have the rear view camera. I'm thinking my budget is around $20k give or take. Also, probably the most important thing is that I get a quad or crew cab so I can fit a baby seat in the back!

E

·
0 Posts
Honestly, I think you are gonna have to move back a generation for around $20K unless you find a 4th gen that's very very high mileage and beat up.

You do have some negotiating room but if you look at lot prices and used truck ads for that new of a Ram you'll see they go for a bit more than $20K.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I have seen them going from $25k-40k... I just want to keep my payments down to $400/month if possible

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I got my 09 for 20k flat. In NY no less. Just look, you can find 'em. The mileage was a hit on mine though. I bought it in Nov of 2010, it had 42k. So far not one single problem though. *Knock on wood*

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe a 2010 still on the lot. I know the dealerships in south MS have a few left. Other than that, it would be an 09 that was leased, maybe. As much as we hate to talk to dealers your probably going to have to on this one. Go to the internet dealer and let him look around for you. Won't have much choice in the matter but they should be able to find you something in your price range. Good luck!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Even with "only" $20k to deal with you might be surprised at what you can get. Back in 2007 I was pretty much in the same boat as you and was in the market for a used Ram... I was doing the used car lot/Craigslist thing and not coming up with much so I decided to start looking at used trucks on dealer lots.

By pure luck I stumbled onto a lot that had a "dealer" 2007 1500 4x4 Laramie with 14k miles on it. Between incentives and (probably most important) the interest rate I got financing new as opposed to used I ended up driving that truck off the lot!

I guess the moral of the story is not to discount new vehicles because you think you can't afford them. Dealers want to sell as bad as you want to buy, so let the salesmen do their work - you might be surprised at what you can really drive away with!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well... today I went out and bout a 2011 Ram SLT with 75 Miles on it! It has all the options I wanted and everything, including quad cab, navigation, and backup camera! I love it and even though its not my first color choice I am starting to like the color even more than the grey color I originally wanted. Its actually Cherry Red which is no longer being made due to the tsunami in japan or something...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! I hope you got a good enough deal that you had a few $$ left over to buy a camera. We love pictures here, and lots of them, in detail. Hell I even want to see a few of the car this truck is replacing.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Well... today I went out and bout a 2011 Ram SLT with 75 Miles on it! It has all the options I wanted and everything, including quad cab, navigation, and backup camera! I love it and even though its not my first color choice I am starting to like the color even more than the grey color I originally wanted. Its actually Cherry Red which is no longer being made due to the tsunami in japan or something...
Hi again, how about using the link in my SIG to join us in the Red RAM Group and posting a few photos of your truck? :Hey:

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Congrats on the purchase . If you could go to the top of the page to the User Cp and complete your profile that would be great . Helps us see what you have when your posting a question or comment . Do you have any pictures of your truck yet ? Any of your friends have a Ram ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres a couple pictures. Notice the big sticker on the back fender... Thats on both sides and they are being removed on Monday when the dealer details the truck for me!

I am also still trying to figure out why my 2011 Ram came with a 2010 owners manual!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nice truck brother, congrats! :smileup: Like I said, interest rates on new trucks are much better than used! What does that sticker say, you really can't read it in the picture?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nice truck brother, congrats! :smileup: Like I said, interest rates on new trucks are much better than used! What does that sticker say, you really can't read it in the picture?
It just says outdoorsman since I got the outdoorsman package. I just personally think its to big and kind of ugly and I wish they didn't put it on my ram... Its coming off though!

Heres a close up...

·
Registered
666 Posts
It just says outdoorsman since I got the outdoorsman package. I just personally think its to big and kind of ugly and I wish they didn't put it on my ram... Its coming off though!
That's what I thought... Awesome package man, I'm jealous!! :rep: But I agree, that graphic is a little over the top...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts