DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What set up for best sounding and most bass?

• JL12w6v2 and HD1200

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Alpine type r 12 with PDX-M12

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Sundown audio SA12's with SAZ1200

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • DC audio Level 2m2 with DC audio 1.2k amp

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.8%

Help me pick my system.

1929 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  SS4Luck
I am having a hard time deciding on what subs and amp to put in my crew cab. I'm going with a dual vented 12 inch fox box and need help filling it.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
If you're going to go with the Fox Box, then you can't ignore the comments of the owner. I got the same advice from him. Alpine Type Rs in the 2-12 vented. And yeah - he has a 4th Gen Ram and that's what he runs. He told me he has tried pretty much every sub out there (within reason) and that the inexpensive Type Rs blow the rest away. My view is that it is best to match the right sub and according to him, it's the Type Rs. I have had numerous discussions with him about this.

I'm stuck mid-install still waiting for my speakers but I'll be running JL HD amps and 2 Type Rs. I wish I could say how it sounds but I can't...yet.

PS - I have heard some say that the sub volume is too small for anything JL. Whatever you use, make sure to load up a couple of pounds of polyfill in there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.