DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What set up for best sounding and most bass?

• JL12w6v2 and HD1200

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Alpine type r 12 with PDX-M12

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Sundown audio SA12's with SAZ1200

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • DC audio Level 2m2 with DC audio 1.2k amp

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.8%

Help me pick my system.

1929 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  SS4Luck
I am having a hard time deciding on what subs and amp to put in my crew cab. I'm going with a dual vented 12 inch fox box and need help filling it.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard multiple JL systems everything from W0 to 13W7's but never in a crew cab. I haven't heard any of the others. Never even seen a DC or sundown sub lol. The alpines I have only heard in a 350z. I'm used to having all kinds of room and basically get whatever but not this time.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that everyone says that they sound good but if there is a better option out there then I would like to know. I'm trying to get as much bass possible in the small space I am given. Subs now and then mids and highs later. I wish someone had our trucks with systems already in it close to me. Also my audio shops are all about making money and not giving correct advice so it's all Internet to me. The only dealers I have available is a kicker, JL audio, and best buy for the alpine. I'm not a fan of doing anything audio related at best buy but I keep hearing good things about the alpine type r and thats the only place that has them. I will be ordering online to save money though. Save about $60 per sub and $400 on the amp.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to alpha damp the back wall when I have my seats out to instal the fox acoustics box and work up a way to mount the amps behind there. Then I'll move to doors when I do my mids and highs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.