DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw someone else get replies when he asked for help & figured I would try as well since Chrysler doesn't know what they are doing! I have a 2011 Ram with 8000 miles on it. It's had the brake booster changed once, now waiting on second time, had the rubber around the shaft to brake pedal lubricated (prior to booster change) BUT none of this fixed the problem - the brake pedal is squeaking when you press it! Lube fixed it for 2 days, brake booster fixed it for a week or so, now my truck is back at dealer awaiting a new booster cuz "they don't know what else to do". Also - there is a vibration/grinding you can feel through the gas pedal while driving or even coasting.
ANY ONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO FIX IT????? I love my truck but HATE the problems it is giving me!!!
PLEASE HELP!!! I am grateful for your help!!

The service director will try to speak with an Engineer at Chrysler but unfortunately they aren't made available to the dealers to help. Ridiculous. There was a recall on all 2011 Rams but that was fixed before I bought it in February. This is 2nd vehicle I get from this dealer with problems. Had 1st one (Nitro) for 6 months & they bought it back at what we paid for it cuz they didn't want us to do lemon law (over 29 days in service, everything was wrong with it!). We bought the truck instead & the salesman brought us this one & we chose it over one in showroom cuz it had nicer interior. We didn't pick it off the lot & I don't know if they gave us a bad one?? But it didn't have any problems until 3 or 4 months after buying it.

I'm sensitive but not overly so. They can hear & feel both issues. Prior to lubing & first booster change, the pedal noise was very bad. Now not too bad, but bad enough. The vibration is very bad & can be felt at all speeds, even while coasting. And vibration is worse after booster change!

AND the door panels are vibrating on any song that has strong bass! They don't know how to fix that either as the panels are one piece & connect in certain places to the door frame. What to do?!

ANY help would be VERY HELPFUL!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wish we could provide help but id have to mess with a truck and hear for myself before i could do anything sorry and goodluck

·
Registered
219 Posts
I saw someone else get replies when he asked for help & figured I would try as well since Chrysler doesn't know what they are doing! I have a 2011 Ram with 8000 miles on it. It's had the brake booster changed once, now waiting on second time, had the rubber around the shaft to brake pedal lubricated (prior to booster change) BUT none of this fixed the problem - the brake pedal is squeaking when you press it! Lube fixed it for 2 days, brake booster fixed it for a week or so, now my truck is back at dealer awaiting a new booster cuz "they don't know what else to do". Also - there is a vibration/grinding you can feel through the gas pedal while driving or even coasting.
ANY ONE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO TO FIX IT????? I love my truck but HATE the problems it is giving me!!!
PLEASE HELP!!! I am grateful for your help!!

The service director will try to speak with an Engineer at Chrysler but unfortunately they aren't made available to the dealers to help. Ridiculous. There was a recall on all 2011 Rams but that was fixed before I bought it in February. This is 2nd vehicle I get from this dealer with problems. Had 1st one (Nitro) for 6 months & they bought it back at what we paid for it cuz they didn't want us to do lemon law (over 29 days in service, everything was wrong with it!). We bought the truck instead & the salesman brought us this one & we chose it over one in showroom cuz it had nicer interior. We didn't pick it off the lot & I don't know if they gave us a bad one?? But it didn't have any problems until 3 or 4 months after buying it.

I'm sensitive but not overly so. They can hear & feel both issues. Prior to lubing & first booster change, the pedal noise was very bad. Now not too bad, but bad enough. The vibration is very bad & can be felt at all speeds, even while coasting. And vibration is worse after booster change!

AND the door panels are vibrating on any song that has strong bass! They don't know how to fix that either as the panels are one piece & connect in certain places to the door frame. What to do?!

ANY help would be VERY HELPFUL!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Where in GA? If you're local I could at least compare it to mine for how things are set up/ music vibration

·
Registered
194 Posts
Could it be the torque converter trying to lock up ? There was a flash update to address this. Some people are getting new "improved" torque converters also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts