DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well I got two Alpine type E 12" subs along with a amp that I currently don't know what kind it is. Anyways I have a 2007 Dodge ram quad cab with stock 1.5 din deck. I was wondering if I would need a PAC harness for that ? Or anything else extra ?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes i have a box for it, just came in today. Also what exactly does this adapter do? and is that the exact harness i would need for my installation in truck? Also do i need this harness in order for my subs to work?

·
Registered
206 Posts
The adapter allows you to easily connect an amplifier to your truck's stock radio. The amp needs RCA signal connections (in most cases) and the adapter converts the signal from the speaker wiring in the truck to RCA plugs to connect to the amp. You don't need that exact harness, but its a good one to choose.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know of another one that does the same thing that's cheaper but still good quality ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not off hand, just do a search for a Line Out Converter.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmmmm how do I tell if i have a factory amp or not ? I have a 2007 Dodge ram 1500 quad cab

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is that the only way?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm looking at the siteand don't see anything for vehicle specs

·
Registered
206 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts