DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2018 ram 1500 9 months ago , it has not sounded right since I purchased it , I have taken it back 4 times and all times they tell me nothing is wrong , BUT we all know when something does not feel right , so I took it in last week to get new tire sensor and the guy at dodge dealership asked me if I wreck the truck , I said no , he says well this frame does not look like original, I purchased with 14,000 , so he checks the car fax and goes deeper , says something looks funy because it drops off for a brief time of car fax and then picked back up , so I have all but driven the truck in the show room and went postal , I have it at "their" shop now to confirm or deny that the frame is different but tells me its going to be hard to tell,,, any suggestions /opinions? This is my 3 rd ram and something does not feel right .

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well if you bought used there would have been a sticker on the window that would have said if it had warranty or what ever. IF the frame is a repair or replacement after a wreck most states require the title to say salvage or rebuild. Something to let someone know its been wrecked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if you bought used there would have been a sticker on the window that would have said if it had warranty or what ever. IF the frame is a repair or replacement after a wreck most states require the title to say salvage or rebuild. Something to let someone know its been wrecked.
One dealership says yes looks like frame is not original, another dealership that they sent me to yesterday says no body damage , I have no idea how to prove it , there is some weird graffiti on the frame which stands out after I put the lift on it that is what has started this search , and the fact I have had it in shop 4 times in 9 months for a weird sound .

·
Registered
2 Posts
2004 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. Engine just started dieing at idle. Can restart if you push on gas pedal. Engine won't idle, started after release of e-brake on a slight incline.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,426 Posts
Is the vin stamped on the frame anywhere?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try passenger side frame forward of rear axle or forward of rear cab mount. They (VIN on frame) used to be in one of those locations. There should be other places to find a VIN, like steering wheel column, different locations on body, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts