DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some tow hooks from mopar. Ones that should bolt right up right? Well with the Performance Accessories Premium Body lift it looks like the spots where the tow hook bar should bolt up has been covered up with parts used in the lift... So my question is where in the heck do these...

Mount up to this??

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am unfamiliar with everything involved here.
But what is exactly covering the holes? Can it be drilled through to expose the holes? Arent most body lifts are just spacers and some longer bolts and brackets? Maybe you can snag a picture of what is covering the holes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to me it looks like what was used to relocate the front bumper is possibly covering the holes? I'm not sure at all if it can be drilled into. It's hard to really get a pic of it all with out removing the whole bumper but what it looks like is that new pieces of metal have been installed either as a bumper relocation or support, i'm really not 100% sure but it doesn't seem like the holes where they should mount up are available for use anymore.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok, well i cant see your last 4 pictures. All i can see is the first picture (hooks). Not sure why those last for are not displaying.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
welllll contacted 4 wheel parts who told me due to the body lift, you cant mount factory tow hooks any more. The only way to do it would be to get some universal ones and fab them to fit somehow. :/

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i cant mount anything anymore, tow hooks bull bar, grill saver nada...so he told me the best option I have is to get some universal tow hooks and take them to a shop and have someone there weld them on...:/

·
Registered
47 Posts
Then your hooks are only as good as the weld. And the weld will start to rust rather quickly if not properly coated. I am very unfamiliar with these trucks, as i just bought mine last week. But i would suggest looking on the underside of the frame rails up front and see if you can find any large bolts or holes that you could possible run grade 8 bolts trough. Then get a universal tow hook and finish off with a good weld and coating if need be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts