DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2004 ram 4.7 and I have a random stalling issue. It seems to be the worst anytime you first start the truck for about 20 minutes until it warms up it will completely shut down as if you turn the key off. This is especially troubling trying to pull off from a stoplight thru an intersection. Not to mention the danger of it. It does not sputter or buck like it's losing fuel it loses all electrical power and you have to stop completely put it in park and it starts right back up. You may get 10 ft and it'll do it again or it might not do it again for the rest of the day. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Sounds like a bad electric connection ,may try removing and reinstalling the fuses. Just a place to start ,this could be very hard to locate. Unplug harness connections and Redo.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can go a bit further and check for any voltage (DC) at any ground. In a perfect world, you don't want to see any voltage at a ground because the load is supposed to consume all the voltage prior to the ground. It is sometimes common to see a tiny bit of voltage that may have escaped. Usually if I measure anything over 0.01-0.02 volts at a ground, then I'm going to be checking wiring integrity. What 14Vern said about cleaning, removing rust, crud, etc.. is spot on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts