DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck just had driver side lifters replaced because the same sound, drivers side only when cold when idle drops to normal operating idle,once it is fully warm it doesnt tick,what else could this be,any ideas would help.thanks.17 ram rebel hemi with 10,000miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Truck just had driver side lifters replaced because the same sound, drivers side only when cold when idle drops to normal operating idle,once it is fully warm it doesnt tick,what else could this be,any ideas would help.thanks.Mike Cross will help you to review what should rpm be when starting car at AutoGuysLand. 17 ram rebel hemi with 10,000miles
I think first starting check should be if there is broken exhaust manifold bolts.

·
Premium Member
32,610 Posts
If it only makes the ticking noise when the engine is cold & stops ticking within say 30 seconds, then it is broken manifold bolts.
See if it makes the noise after you get gas or go to the local convenience store, if the noise is gone, it is the manifold bolts.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yep it's the bolts!

I had two of them replaced on my 2013 ram 1500 at different times........both out of warranty!

The good news is that the first one cost me roughly $800.00 to repair, so when I brought the truck in for the second one about 9 months later they still charged me another $800.00, but I got a free coffee and sat talking to a super good looking woman for most of the afternoon! :ROFLMAO:

Wait a minute.........a peeler bar would have been cheaper........okay scratch that, there is no good news to that story! 🥺

1 - 6 of 6 Posts