DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this all started 4 months ago when I bought a 2001 Ram 1500 5.2l 4x4 for $2500 in order to haul water and wood. I knew there would be issues with it but I bought it regardless hoping I could fix it. So after replacing numerous parts already I am working on the Transmission now which started having problems. It had a hard time shifting when hot so I figured easiest step would be to replace solenoid, sensor, fluid, and filter.
When I got the pan off I found the spring and piece of metal. I hoped it came off of the Valve Body and would be an easy repair (I don't know where the round piece came from but it was in the transmission fluid when I was pouring it). So I tried taking the Valve Body out to inspect it but worked on the wrong two nuts.
This is where I need you, when trying to loosen the wrong nut I bent this pipe and didn't see it twisting till it was too late. Please help, is there a way I can cut just this part out and repair it? Or does the whole pipe have to come out?

Also, anyone know what this spring and metal piece are? I have not gotten the Valve Body out yet since I quit after breaking that pipe.

This is why I hate working engines, it always takes me 3x longer than it should.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
What's up with the butt connectors on the wire harness? Pipe? You mean tube. They are the cooler lines. You do not need to take them off to drop the valve body. You do need to take off the linkage both shift and tv cable so you can lower it out of the case. The park rod is another pain you will have to deal with. You can take off the c clip and leave it in...

The spring looks like the shifter dedend spring.

Look up some videos on you tube on pointers on taking out the VB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts