DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got this truck last week and was looking under back bumper because I am considering adding additional back up lights and found this

and I believe it would sit in this opening

anyone able to help with this?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
looks like the backup camera, the hole is where the tools go into to lower the spare tire

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
looks like the backup camera, the hole is where the tools go into to lower the spare tire
^^^ Ditto x3 ^^^ It sure looks like an aftermarket backup cam and that hole is definitely where the tool goes to lower the spare.

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great thanks was just wondering I thought it might have been a camera but didn't see anywhere inside where they might have had a monitor. I am wondering if they had it set and then popped it out when they had to lower the spare.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Is your radio the type that has a screen, like for playing cd movies & or has the navigation

·
Registered
27 Posts
No my stereo is an after market Kenwood. I may look at it and see what I can get for a monitor or radio with the screen to use it again.
Pretty good hiding spot for the camera. If you get it working be sure to post up how the view is from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts