DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten conflicting information about wiring the third brake light of my Leer camper shell to my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 ST. Bought the Leer 100R used, had it painted, and added a new LED third brake light on the shell. Can I just wire it to one of the brake lights or will it blink with the turn signal? I've been told that seeing as how it's a LED it won't blink, is that correct? Appreciate anyone with first hand knowledge of the LED third brake light on the Leer shell.
This Ram is my third Ram, first one used however and it's been a small project. Added the oem rims, Leer shell, step bumpers, as well as a number of small items that were worn out or bad cosmetically. Even got a matching trailer, I'm finally done with the exception of the led brake light.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Are your rear brake lights the brake and blinker in the same bulb?

Wiring it right from the brake light is a good and easy idea, put spade connectors or some type on their somewhere for when you take the trailer off though.

LEDs will blink when but in a blinker circuit though, my rear tails are brake/blinker combo and they blink just fine.

Even if it does blink when your blinkers are on might not be a bad idea, gets the peoples attention behind you

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
I would think that the easiest solution (with slightly more effort) would be to locate the positive feed to the third brake light above the rear window and wire it to that.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to the local Leer dealer and paid only $30 to get it done, wasn't worth getting dirty crawling under the truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts