DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a loaded 14 sport. I would like to get a top notch alarm system that will work with all the factory equipment. The truck has the factory security system, remote start, and the proximity door handles. The truck unlocks when you touch the handle if the FOB is on your person.

A friend of mine who has a 13 Laramie had his truck broken into at a hotel. They went in through the back window. They had plenty of time to root around and find anything of value inside his truck. The alarm did not go off until the thief opened the door. I would hate that to happen to mine.

I was ready to get the Viper System but the dealer told me it would not disarm when I touched the handle to unlock the door. I love that feature and do not want to give that up.

It would be happy if I could just add sensors to the factory alarm. But, I would really prefer a comprehensive system that would work as a deterrent as well.

By now, there should be an intelligent system that talks can bus. I just can’t seem to find it. Any help in finding a system like the one described would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
32,781 Posts
Back windows of most new vehicles are the weak point in the security system

I wanted more security for my Ram, Dodge told me that they had a system that would work, at the time they didn't tell me how much they would charge me, something like $700
They flat out lied about how effective it was !! It also looks like crap
It is the Blue thing that is screwed into the dash board

1 - 2 of 2 Posts