DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. help with 2004 ram 1500.
The cab has 4 bolts holding it to the frame. One of those bolts broke and I need to know if it’s possible to remove it like it is with a special tool? Can I raise the cab enough to remove the rubber dampener that sets between the cab and frame and then remove broken bolt? Should I just take it to shop and let a professional do it.
I don’t have a lift but I have access to most tools I think but I don’t know if I’m able to lift the cab on one side or not.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Night Edition Crew Cab 4x4
119 Posts
Hey. help with 2004 ram 1500.
The cab has 4 bolts holding it to the frame. One of those bolts broke and I need to know if it’s possible to remove it like it is with a special tool? Can I raise the cab enough to remove the rubber dampener that sets between the cab and frame and then remove broken bolt? Should I just take it to shop and let a professional do it.
I don’t have a lift but I have access to most tools I think but I don’t know if I’m able to lift the cab on one side or not.
Thanks for any help.
I have found that a tap and die set works for removing most broken bolts. They are fairly inexpensive and can be purchased at your local Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts stores. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts