DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Night Edition Etorque
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin to get 4.56s for the rear. What will i need to buy to install them other than the gears? I can get gears for $200, but do i need an installation kit or anything?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Been referenced that after 10k its recommend to get the Master Install Kit. If below 10k then Mini Install Kit is good. Just FYI that you would want matching gear ratios on both axles. 9.25 rear and 8" front.

Front Master Install Kit = PART #RC8RMKT
Rear Master Install Kit = PART #R9.25RMKT

·
Registered
747 Posts
Been referenced that after 10k its recommend to get the Master Install Kit. If below 10k then Mini Install Kit is good. Just FYI that you would want matching gear ratios on both axles. 9.25 rear and 8" front.

Front Master Install Kit = PART #RC8RMKT
Rear Master Install Kit = PART #R9.25RMKT

This. Doing just the rear gears makes your 4wd truck worthless (if you ever plan to use 4wd).

You also need gear oil, feeler gauges, tools, patience, etc. There is a reason why install runs so high.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i am doing the same thing to my truck too, and i found an installation kit from ratech for 98.95. this is summits part number for it, RAT-303K. im sure there are some better ones out there but it comes with all the bearings, seal, crush sleeve, etc. but you will also need the proper tools, time, and patience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts