DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the ATA Nerf Bars for my 2007 Quad Cab 4wd was installing them today and have some questions. The main mounts that the cab bolts go through were pretty straight forward, and the steps attatching to them was easy. The issue is the small cross bars, two on each side. The directions are basically useless and say only to put one end in the body slot. I tried every direction and possible way to attach these cross bars, but cannot figure it out. If attatched to the mount mounts, the crossbars do not sit flush to anything and the holes do not line up with anything else. Does anyone else have these bars and can help me with this. The bars are stable without them and I wondered if this wasnt just a generic mounting kit and they are not needed, but I am 240lbs and want to make sure they are installed correctly and totally stable. Any help is appreciated.

E

·
0 Posts
I've never installed those particular bars. You might be right, they include some universal parts that may not fit your truck.

Maybe you should call them?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I installed the Aries 4" oval on mine and the directions were pretty much unusable. One thing I did figure out by trial and error, was the brackets that bolt to the body mounts were slightly different from front to back and changed how the brackets the mounted in the body slots aligned. Seems the rear mounts were slightly longer vertically than the fronts. I realized you are installing a different brand, but the idea is similar.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear mounts were larger than the front, and everything there lined up fine. The cross braces doe not line up to anything, and really are not even close. I will call them on monday, but was hoping someone else had used them before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts