DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is a 99 Ram 2500, 4x4, AT, 5.9L gas engine. I just had the engine replaced by a garage I thought I could trust.......WRONG! Here's the issue.......I'm getting about 7 mpg on the new engine. Besides the engine, it has had a full tune up (cap,rotor,wires,plugs,air filter), fuel pump, crank and cam sensor, alternator. There are NO codes in memory and the CEL is not on. The distributor is in synch and set at 0*. It stumbles off of idle slightly, but then clears up, and comes back again around 30 mph. I've been pulling my hair out trying to diagnose this one. I like the truck, but I can't afford the gas any more for it. Anyone have any ideas??
Thanks!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hard to say, could be out of calibration 02 sensors. The shop isn't willing to help you out? I'd say if it's stumbling then they're still responsible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah.....THAT's kinda of my thought too. Problem is .....is that I USE to work for the present owner's father when he owned the garage. I am now disabled, and can't twist a wrench. I've been back to them twice complaining about it and nothing comes of it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
If you can't do the work yourself and they're not willing to help you out it sounds like you need to hunt down another shop that knows their stuff.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Did they warrenty anything? Or rebulder have warrenty? Cause if the engine itself has one explain what issue is they might recamemd a shop that will help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts