DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help to post an Add for a sale of 4 new 35s Tires and Rims for a 1500. The forum has lots of complicated lengthy rules that I dont quite follow. Time delay and post counts. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
In the past, there have been people that just post a few times & sell something & after the sale, they leave the Forum.
So the rules were set up so that the forums don't become more like eBay or Craigslist or Kijiji

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well a forum should be open for all types of people posting. Isn’t the “marketplace” exactly like Craigslist of EBay anyways,

The only difference is they want us to contribute to a bunch of forums. What if we have nothing to say! So I have to randomly comment on dozens of Forums and not actually contribute to the content. Seems redundant.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I think the marketplace is a free service offered for members rather than a free ride for outside sellers at the expense of the forum. Not all forums operate the same, but I'm sure there's some costs involved in hosting a forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes there is a cost. I use to run the Canadian Hummer Forum. So I don’t mind paying a membership for this one, which I did. I just don’t see the relevance in having to wait 90 days and write nonesens on people’s threads just to qualify.

Sadly I have a Gem set up tires and Rims for a fraction of the cost. Had to change my truck before I could put these $6000 monsters on the Ram. They need to go to a Ram enthusiast and this is the best place for that. I guess it’s going to have to be a Christmas present for somenow as I might have to wait till December to qualify.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes there is a cost. I use to run the Canadian Hummer Forum. So I don’t mind paying a membership for this one, which I did. I just don’t see the relevance in having to wait 90 days and write nonesens on people’s threads just to qualify.

Sadly I have a Gem set up tires and Rims for a fraction of the cost. Had to change my truck before I could put these $6000 monsters on the Ram. They need to go to a Ram enthusiast and this is the best place for that. I guess it’s going to have to be a Christmas present for somenow as I might have to wait till December to qualify.
I didn't realize you are a paying member. I agree that should give you the privilege to post in the classifieds, but I guess this forum doesn't work that way. Do you still have the hummer? I had a 97 wagon for about 15 years and a 2-door before that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they are entitled to run the forum however they please, but it’s very limiting. Doesn’t make for a very good user experience.

hummers are all gone. Had 5 of them. Miss those beasts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just post them on Ebay and Craigslist. The chances of selling them here are slim unless at a giveaway price as the traffic on the parts for sale forum is small.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
There are 9 rules for selling items on here, and most are things people shouldn't have to be told:

1. You have to be a Site Supporter (Level of site supporter is irrelevant) or be a Senior Member Plus! (have a reputation of 15, been a member for 60 days with a post count of 100) to participate in the Classified Sections where all buy/sell/trade transactions are restricted to. You may not welcome 100 people or post drivel to pad your post count in order to gain access to the classifieds. This is a real community, and you will have to interact in a realistic manner.
  2. Members are only permitted to sell items they personally own. They are not permitted to sell on behalf of a third party. The selling and/or trading of firearms AND firearms related items is not permitted on the Z network.
  3. You MUST include pictures of the Truck, or parts/accessories you are selling. The image must have your username written on a piece of paper that is visible in one of the images with your truck, or parts for sale; or your thread will not appear, and it will be deleted without notice. If selling a truck, include an image of your VIN. (photoshopped usernames over the pictures will not work here folks.)
  4. Post Asking Price or BIN Price.
  5. No Auctions allowed!
  6. Do NOT bash another members thread. If you don't like the price, keep it to yourself. No one want's to hear what you think they should ask for their stuff!
  7. If you have no intention of buying, don't reply to the thread unless you have something nice to say.
  8. Breaking Rules 6, or 7 will get you an infraction. The forum is set to auto ban at 3 infractions. You have been warned.
  9. Ebay Auctions - We do not host auctions on this site. Private individuals may link their personal single-item auctions though. No commercial auctions are allowed.
This is a forum. It is not Craigslist and is not a buy/sell/trade page. We offer the classifieds as a courtesy to our members to facilitate them selling takeoff parts or whatever; if you are looking for a site to join, sell stuff on, and leave then this ain't it. That also helps keep our members from getting scammed, as a scammer is unlikely to go through the effort to meet the criteria to sell here.

Also, if you just try to pad your post count so you can sell stuff, the contentless posts will get deleted and your post count won't go up

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

Even if they allowed new Users to post for sale items, doubt anyone would bother to buy it since they are Unknown.

IE: Lack of trust, Which is developed, over time, through forum participation.

Read through the For Sale Section. alot of that stuff never sells. Specially the higher priced items.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts