DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to everything truck/off-roading. I would like to get some nice beefy tires about 33 inches to throw on my 20 inch stock rims. I know you do not need special tires to drive on sand, but anything that'll make it easier for me is better. I'm getting stuck from the harsh winter this year. I don't really know where to look for tires, so i hopped onto pepboys and found that they had listed off-road tires and mud tires and they had given similar descriptions in each section. If anyone could help me pick out a good set of tires that'll help my 2014 ram 1500 drive on the beach, it would be deeply appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
You already have 33" tires. I've been very happy with my BFG KO2s

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Yes, and beadlocks are helpful on sand for that reason, but sand tires aren't good for much else.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The BFG KO2's 275x65R20 have worked great for me. With a normal leveling kit they will fit great. They have lasted me about 60000 miles a set and will take a damn beating and ask for more. Great tires for every condition.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
KO2s or KOs? KO2s just started being released last November, I'm not sure how you'd already have 60k on them. Great tires though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had the KO's put about 60K on them then bought a set of the K02's last December . I have put about 10K on them and had absolutely no problems. very strong tire, they have never had a flat, even survived a knife slash by some jack ass during bike week. if you air them down they work that much better in the florida slit, the silt is worse then most beach sand.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I had the KO's put about 60K on them then bought a set of the K02's last December . I have put about 10K on them and had absolutely no problems. very strong tire, they have never had a flat, even survived a knife slash by some jack ass during bike week. if you air them down they work that much better in the florida slit, the silt is worse then most beach sand.
Ah, good to hear you like them too. I bet the aggressive sidewalls help a lot with traction when you air down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts