DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping one of you guys can help me. I picked up a 2010 Ram 1500 with a 5.7l and MDS. The truck had the Hemi knock so I replaced the cam and lifters. Cylinder 3 was misfiring. The exhaust lifter in that cylinder had frozen and rubbed a grove in the lob. I replaced it with an OEM cam and all new lifters. I know the MDS lifters are in the right spots, I don't see how the timing could be off because cylinder one was TDC and the post on the cam was in the same spot as when I took it out. The makes on the chain were lined up with the mark on the timing gear. After putting everything back together last night I tried to start it and it runs like crap. I keep getting PO300, cylinder 3 misfire and Battery/low voltage on the code reader. Even after clearing the code and before trying to restart it the code comes back. I know the battery is bad and am going to replace it today and try again. Is there something that I've missed or it really could just be the battery causing issues? Any help is appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts