DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks- I'm trying to help a friend who's husband recently passed. She's interested in selling his black 2000 Ram 2500HD quad cab SLT , 5.9L Cummins 24V diesel, auto, 1 owner, 138K, all maintenance and service records. Many upgrades including:
- Edge 31500 Juice w/ attitude monitor (2017)
-Air Dog fuel separator (2017)
-S&B CAI (2017)
-new turbo installed 2017
-Fuel wheels w/ Toyo Open Country 18" (2016)
-Iron Cross front & rear bumpers
-Royalty Core headache bar w/ integrated lights

The truck is in mint condition, no expense spared in maintenance. I'm a car guy so she asked me to help do some research, but I have no idea on a truck this custom. I do know from the receipts that he's spent over $10K on upgrades alone. Thanks for any help you can provide

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'd check out Kelly Blue Book. Don't expect a lot for upgrades. Welcome to the Forumz.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My son has a similar truck except his is a 2001. 2500, diesel, extended cab, manual trans, black paint.
He bought his with around 100,000 miles a few years ago and paid $18k. It was a rust free Texas truck, all factory stock. I think if it is in good condition, these trucks "bottom out" in the mid teens. There seems to be a market for them.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Check Kelly Blue book, but another thing to try is to look at cargurus. Put in your vehicle to search to buy one. I'd start nationwide but also look within 500 miles. One, see if or how many there are and you can get an ideal on pricing.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
5.9 Cummins have pre-2007 emissions so they are very desirable to diesel truck enthusiasts. I've seen dudes pay over $20k for a 12 valve 2nd gen that was so rusty you could see the driver's ankles through the rockers.

To me its retarded, to some its love

1 - 6 of 6 Posts