DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from my dealer who’s installing a set of pacesetter long tube headers Part # 70-2215 that I also additionally went ahead and had ceramic coated for a few more bucks to waste after finding out these won’t fit even though the listing says so and I’ve been on the phone with pacesetter since. They can’t get even one side to bolt up due to clearance issues of motor mounts and what not and in the instructions it says “IFS”. Well my 2500 is solid axle. So why list that it fits 2500/3500. Does anyone know if flowtechs shorty headers actually fit these trucks. I’m sick of the hemi tick of broken exhaust studs and manifold gaskets leaking. Figured I’d do it right and have headers fix the problem for good since all the heat from the 3 other cylinders won’t be blowing past the rear cylinder and snapping off the studs anymore. Need help and need it fast!! Thanks guys/gals. 2013 RAM 2500 5.7 solid front axle with a 2.5” front leveling kit

·
Registered
Ram 1500 5.7L, 4x4 CC, Sh.B, 3.55G, Laramie(level5) 105K, K&N Intake, 90mm TB, not enough character
18 Posts
I got the bbk shortys on a Laramie 5.7. The driver side will take you 3 times as long as the pass, and you will need Mopar gaskets, Ultra copper RVT, and preferably better/stronger bolts and high temp loctitte.

I don’t know if there is any trade off when dealing with 2500. I had to re route my dipstick but that was about only conflict I had.

and yes, they bolt right up

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know of no headers that fit either HEMI in the HD frames. The engine sits too low in the frame to squeeze headers in.
Yes, there are a number of distributors that advertise will-fit, but double checking with the factory (OEM), they don't. There literally is no clearance beyond that for the factory crappy manifold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts