DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they gave me the wrong wheels from what I ordered but I like them. Heres my question though, as backspacing and offset always confuses me. These rims have a 5" backspace and an offset of -6mm. The tires are 35"X12.5". Anyone no how those will look on the truck? Will they stick out or rub.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Negative offset means the wheel will stick out of the wheel well(or at least more than the oem wheels). OEM wheels usually have positive offset(and the wheel is pushed into the wheel well). I think -6 is minor, it should only stick out maybe 1/2" at the most. Let someone else verify though, I'm not an expert on wheel descriptions... I think my wheels are -12 offset and they only stick out like 1" max.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
That makes sense then. 12mm is ~0.48 inches. 15mm is ~0.59 inches. Mine are -12mm and stick out say 1 inch. Your's are 15mm and are say flush. That's about an inch difference which is roughly = 0.48 + 0.59.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Here is a quick reference for all our non metric folks:
6.5MM=1/4"
9.0MM=3/8"
12MM=1/2"
15MM=5/8"
18MM=3/4"
These are not exact but close for what we are doing

·
Registered
747 Posts
So they gave me the wrong wheels from what I ordered but I like them. Heres my question though, as backspacing and offset always confuses me. These rims have a 5" backspace and an offset of -6mm. The tires are 35"X12.5". Anyone no how those will look on the truck? Will they stick out or rub.

Need to know the width of the wheel. A 20x8 -6 will fit a whole lot differently than a 20x11 -6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts